Monday, June 23, 2008

Oddly enough, I really don't like most people. Maybe I'm a snob, or maybe it's just that there have been too many people traipsing through my life that are not what they seem.

Recently I've realized that I'm blind to a certain extent. I overlook the obvious because I truly care about people, but seriously, I'm freakin' tired of it! I DESPISE people who make shit up to make themselves look better, or to make themselves seem more than they are. It's the same as lying you know. The funny thing is, I am NOT naive you morons. I've been around the block more times than you could possibly count. I have nurtured friendships with intelligent, chic, witty people, and, yes, a lot of them are extremely eccentric. They are interesting. They don't need to make themselves out to be more than they are. They are confident of themselves and happy to share their experiences with those that haven't had those same experiences, they don't make themselves out to be something special, they just ARE. It makes life FUN.

I don't like head games and I don't like people who underestimate me because I'm from Mississippi. My daughter's teacher once made a comment about Mississippi being a third world country. In a way, it's behind the times, there is still racism of ALL forms, it's poor, it's boring and most of it is very rural. I'm not a country bumpkin like some people (actually from MS) seem to think I am. I got the hell out of that run down redneck state and made a LIFE for myself.

Stupid people, there are just entirely too many of them around me!