Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I've not had the time, nor the inclination to post for a while. Too much going on. My daughter graduated from Parris Island on the 4th of April. That was an AMAZING experience. I was a mess of emotions.

You can not believe how unbelievably proud it makes a parent to watch their son or daughter graduate from Marine Corp. boot camp. In my case, it was simply awe insiring because my daughter is this tiny, petite, little wisp of a thing. My heart swells thinking about it! She is just truly cool.

She got to come home for 10 days before she went to MCT at Camp Geiger, NC. Those 10 days were the fastest I've ever experienced. Needless to say, I was not ready for her to leave again. The Marine Corp, while, I'm not thrilled that my daughter chose them, gave me my daughter back. That in itself is reason for me to support her every decision regardless of my feelings about it.

~Ciao