Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Funny how I managed to forget all my login information.

I'm on a mission. I MUST lose some weight. It's been a major battle since the twins were born, they took an enormous toll on my body. Nothing has been easy since then, but losing weight has been a nightmare. Over the past 6 years, I have starved myself, gone carb free, gone sugar free, been liquified & pureed, and avoided fats of all kinds... all to no avail. I was a lovely size 7 before I got pregnant with the twins. Now granted, I'm almost 40 now, I don't ever expect to see that number pop into my life again unless it's a birthday for a future grandchild. I'd be happy with a size 9. That's fairly reasonable don't you think?

Now that I majored in all the fad diets and still weigh the exact same as I did the day I gave birth to those little bundles of joy, I'm going to give the oddball diets a shot. I've purchased a 16oz. container of Virgin Coconut Oil. Tonight is the start of a 'cleansing' of sorts.

I'm starting after dinner (right now actually) with a mixed up tea. 2TBLS Apple Cider Vinegar & 1TBLS of honey. I added about 1/4tsp of baking soda to this odd combo to counter the acid reflux that I tend to have so badly in the evening. The 'tea' isn't actually horrid like you might think. I souped it up a bit and added part of my evening glass of ice tea to top the cup off. When I finish sipping this, I'll go on with my usual evening routine of 2 cups of hot green tea (I admit a serious addiction to green tea... Sobe ROCKS man!). To the first cup of hot tea I'm going to add 1tsp of the VCO.

Seriously I've been thinking about doing both a colon cleansing and a liver cleansing, but I think I'm going to hold off on that for a month to see what happens with just adding the ACV drink 3x a day and the VCO 3x a day will do. Maybe nothing. I tend to be optimistic, but I've come to the conclusion that while I may not be happy with my weight I can rejoice in the fact that although I can't seem to lose the excess I don't GAIN more!

This is my journey and I can't wait to see how it ends.