Sunday, March 11, 2007

Spring has sprung in Georgia! Yippeee! Ok, so maybe it's not officially here, but with the weather forecast showing upwards of 80 all week I've been hit hard with spring fever. Today I purchased several packets of seeds, some topsoil and a couple of 9pks of portulaca. The seeds were probably a very bad idea since my seed starting has never gone very well, but I'm one of those people that persevere no matter the consequences. So kick me. Topsoil is to refresh a bed against my winged elm to make a home for the hostas I love so dearly... should have divided them last year, but I was supremely lazy. Portulaca is just one of my faves, it's a must have and I'm sick to damn death of my hanging planters being filled with shit that just won't grow in our deathly dry summers. I can't wait to play in the dirt!


On another note, the spring fever has run over to my knitting as well. I started working on a Garnstudio pattern that I absolutely loooove, but the chart was confusing the daylights out of me. After finding that the lovely Queensland cotton I recently purchased is not very strong, I realized that I should forget frogging more than 2x. So I've changed the pattern to an Adriafil top that is quite adorable and will fit my 'matronly' frame very nicely. I'm not far into it, but it's working up pretty quickly. Hopefully by the end of the week I'll be 2/3 done. Depending on weather, baseball, play practice and my freakin' mental state of course. ~Ciao