Monday, February 19, 2007

I've learned something new. Turns out that knitting socks isn't that hard after all! I am in head over heels for socks... and gloves for that matter. I made a set of Broad Street mittens for my 10yo using a self patterning Regia Stretch. They turned out quite nicely if I do say so myself. After the Broad Street's I created my own pattern using Red Heart Strata to make similar gloves for my 6yo's. I'm done with one set and am making adjustments to the pattern and starting on the second set. Pictures will go up tomorrow maybe.


~~The Terrorist Bird~~

Coming home from a birthday party a couple of weeks ago, a bird hit my windshield. It was horrible. I had the twins (plus baby B's best friend) in the car as well as the 17yo. I almost started crying. I can't stand to hit a butterfly, so the bird was a major shock. The girl pipes up, laughing as she says it, "It wasn't your fault mom. It was a suicide bomber." Ok, yes, we both admit it was a terrible comparison, but the kicker was when she added, "It was a terrorist bird, mom!" Needless to say, we both cracked up. I actually thought about it several times when the tears would start to break the surface later that day and it got me through the rough spots. Yes, I am a SUCKER, I can not stand to see a wounded creature, so, for me to have caused the aforementioned death is a heavy burden to bear. She comes home from school early this past week and tells me that she told the 'Terrorist Bird' story in her AP Lit class. They were discussing examples of tragic comedy. That's all fine and dandy, but why oh why did she have to bring me into it???? I'm the cool mom. This most definitely will have blown that facade. I believe my life is the epitome of tragic comedy.